Here I was one Friday morning in June, feeling pretty miserable as I made my way to work, packed like a sardine in a tin-can of an overcrowded train compartment and trying not to pass out from the overwhelming stench of underarms all around me (that early in the morning) when I decided enough is enough. Pull yourself out of it, Del ! So, that's what I did. Started drawing on some nice memories from the past - coming home from a trip, Taffy there to greet me, waiting for me to open my suitcase and see what I'd gotten her (that baby always stayed a baby) - total acceptance - unconditional love - and pretty soon, I was feeling nice. Said goodbye to the crappy feeling.
I guess it shows when you're happy! In the way you walk, your countenance, your attitude and, more importantly, in the way people react to you. Because as I waited to cross the street opposite my office building, this dog left his handler and came running over to me. Wagged his tail, sat down in front of me, waited for his head to be scratched, then jumped all over me and gave my hands a proper licking. I don't know what his handler felt but I certainly was smiling. It put me in a great mood for the rest of the day. Need I say the day went well?
The best things in life sure don't cost the world.
:-)
I guess it shows when you're happy! In the way you walk, your countenance, your attitude and, more importantly, in the way people react to you. Because as I waited to cross the street opposite my office building, this dog left his handler and came running over to me. Wagged his tail, sat down in front of me, waited for his head to be scratched, then jumped all over me and gave my hands a proper licking. I don't know what his handler felt but I certainly was smiling. It put me in a great mood for the rest of the day. Need I say the day went well?
The best things in life sure don't cost the world.
:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment