It's been raining cats and dogs since yesterday and if the weather continues like this, I guess a lot of people would be spending their Sundays at home.
Not that it makes much of a difference to me. As I have my schedule all chalked out. The major part of the day involves catching up with work but a few hours this evening have been put aside for the motogp at Donington Park.
Anyway, on a day like this, I'd really rather be in than out. Somehow, though it's nice to step out in the rain, I can't see myself battling such inclement weather. Which is what it seems to be at the moment - with thunder and lightning at 9:30 in the morning. Even worse than that are the streets here. As it is, in normal circumstances you need to watch your step else you may end up with more on your foot than just your shoe. Can you imagine how it is in the rains ! You can't see where you're going because the streets are waterlogged. Step out of home in freshly washed, newly pressed clothes and within a few seconds, if you're not careful, you have muck all over them. And sometimes, even if you tread carefully. Because some people who never seem to be able to grow out of the childhood activity of splashing around in puddles like to literally spread their 'joy' to those around. As do a number of motorists. Perhaps clean clothes are boring - they look much better with dark spots of muck. The more the better. ;-) A quicker way of sprucing up ones attire is simply to lose ones footing in a ditch or to step into an open manhole - not a very difficult task in normal weather; the rains simply make it easier.
Having said that, I do like the rains. Though I long for the sun when it pours and I yearn for the rains when the sun beats down mercilessly. But, hey, I'm only human.
No comments:
Post a Comment